A Simple Potato Salad
- new or salad potatoes
- 75 ml sunflower oil or other light oil
- 25 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 medium shallot very finely chopped
- 30 g bunch of dill finely chopped
- Cook the potatoes in their skin (new potatoes or salad potatoes). You can use slightly warm potatoes for this, or cooled ones straight out of the fridge. The most important part is to dress them just before serving.
For the dressing
- Whisk the liquids, mustard and sugar until the sugar has dissolved, then fold in the chopped shallot and dill. Pour the dressing over the potatoes and make sure each potato is coated.