Swedish Cheesecake (Ostkaka)
For the topping:
- 125 g raspberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- dash of water
- Turn the oven to 160 degrees celsius fan (170 degrees normal).
- Whisk the sugar and egg until light and fluffy. Add all the ingredients apart from the flaked almonds and cardamom and pour into your prepared tin.
- Scatter the flaked almonds on top, then dust the tiny bit of ground cardamom (less than 1/2 tsp - it's just for a bit of flavour).
- Place in the oven and bake until set and slightly golden on top. This depends on your oven - but around 30-40 mins is a good guideline.
- To make the topping: Place 100g raspberries in a saucepan, add the sugar and a dash of water and boil until the raspberries have broken down and it looks like a runny jam. Leave to cool. Use the remaining berries to decorate.