Scandi Kitchen seeks Kitchen Assistant (Full Time)
We’re Scandinavian Kitchen and we’re a nice café and grocery store. Our shop in Great Titchfield Street (W1W 7PP) is a meeting place for ex pats and Scandophiles alike, serving great lunches and stocking over 800 Scandinavian food products.
Our cafe is full of great people: from our customers to the people who work here. We pride ourselves in being not just about the food, but also about surrounding ourselves with great, committed people.
We’re looking for a Kitchen Assistant to join the team. On a day to day basis, the kitchen team prepares all the open sandwiches for our café, prepare salads, bakes great cakes and makes all the food for out of house catering.
- Making open sandwiches, salads, rolls and other lunch prep needed daily
- Baking of Scandinavian cakes and pastries
- Help out with catering orders when needed, both in and out of house
- Keeping the kitchen/store clean to a very high standard
The person we’re looking for has the following skills and qualities:
- Some experience of working in a busy kitchen and/or experience of working in a cafe/restaurant environment.
- Understanding of professional kitchen practises, how a kitchen needs to work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, great with people
- Has great ideas, passion and can think creatively
- Ideally comprehend one Scandinavian language and must be able to speak and write English
- Good common sense and logic skills
- Knowledge or interest in Scandinavian food
- Can think on your feet and work under pressure and stress
- Loves early mornings and playing the ‘guess the year’ game on the radio
Please note that this a job for a morning person as some shifts start at 6:30 am. If you are not committed to early mornings, this job is not for you. There will be some weekend work also (we share fairly). Sundays and bank holidays are paid at 50% extra.
To apply, please send your current CV and a letter about yourself and why you want to work with us. Start date is immediate or by arrangement. The role is permanent. Salary in line with experience. There is good progression possibility in this role to a higher role for the right person.
Only applications with a cover notes will get replies. It doesn’t have to be long, but do write one.