ScandiKitchen looking for Café Assistant Manager
Hej. Is it us you’re looking for?
We’re ScandiKitchen and we’re that nice cafe/deli near Oxford Circus in London. We stock food products from all over Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland – and we have a daytime coffee shop and café, too – serving open sandwiches and making lovely coffee. We provide homesick remedies to Scandinavians – and give the Scandi-curious a taste of what our Scandinavia is like.
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Manager or Senior Supervisor to join our lovely team.
In this role, you will be looking after the team and provide constant back-up to the Café Manager. We are a very busy Café Shop and this role is most definitely first and foremost about managing the daily team and ensuring the daily running of the café is slick. This means anything from prep to service – and all the behind-the-scenes stuff that makes a café run smoothly – and of course, excellent customer service. Because we are both a grocery deli and café, the role is one with exciting challenges, spanning everything from café management to retail management – with great scope to get involved in other areas too.
In short: We want you to grow with us.
- You have solid all round experience of working in a café/food environment – and ideally also some experience of working in a retail environment (it doesn’t have to be food, but any sort of shop experience is good).
- You have brilliant people skills. You know how to work in a team, how to get the best out of people and how to manage well – and you love a good chat with customers. Great at connecting with people around you, you’re one to spread cheer and happiness all day long, whilst getting the job done effectively. As a Manager, people look to you for guidance and to lead the way and you get on with everyone. A true people person.
- You get on with things and you have common sense. You think on your feet and you are very logic in your approach. You see problems as opportunities – and you don’t stress under pressure.
- You’re a real team player and hard worker, and you don’t mind physical work. You’re one of the world’ss true DO’ers.
Good to have:
- Any extra experience or knowledge of kitchen work is a definitely plus as this role will also cover part of kitchen area.
- If you have barista experience, this is great (but if not, we can teach you. Liking coffee is a good start, though)
- Some knowledge of any Nordic language is really helpful (Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Icelandic etc). Not essential, but useful.
- Knowing the lyrics to ‘Dancing Queen’ always helps.
We’re open 7 days a week. This role is full time across 5 (changing) days and is permanent (some weekend work required, but we play fair).
The pay is based on the role offered and depending experience. We can be flexible and offer this role as Senior Supervisor or Assistant Manager – both roles are competitively paid. Not sure where you’d fit? Just ask us or come chat to us – we don’t bite. We are much more about the right person than someone who ticks exact boxes.
Send us your CV and a short cover note telling us why you want to work with us to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As one of our lovely AM’s is moving to another city, we’re interviewing now, so do get in touch as soon as possible.
More about us here: www.ScandiKitchen.co.uk/vacancies