A little bit of background; ScandiKitchen is an independent Café & shop in Central London. We opened our doors in 2007 and have gone from strength to strength, helping build a Scandinavian food culture in the UK. In our café we serve open sandwiches, beautiful salads and delicious cakes – as well as great coffee. We also stock 600 food products from all over Scandinavia. Our customers are a broad mix of ex-pat Scandies, foodies and people who work in the local area.
We’re looking to employ an experienced Café Manager to run our café in Central London. This year, we (the owners) are taking a step to the side to focus on new business development and we need someone who can step in and really take charge and bring the café business forward in line with our strategy and plans.
The Café Manager role:
- Day to day management of the café – this includes running the team and daily shifts according to procedures (and setting the daily tasks as needed). Responsible for overseeing every area of the café and ensure that each area delivers.
- Mentoring the team – from Retail Manager, Assistant Managers and baristas as well as kitchen team, we need someone who can bring the team together and work towards a common goal and keep morale high. We are a café with a large retail area that accounts for around half the takings, so it is important that we find someone who understands how the model for this Café/Shop works.
- Assist Bronte (owner) with new menu projects, feedback and implementation,
- All day to day Manager admin – from team rotas to reviews, team meetings, café environment and upkeep – and be the cover when needed.
Driving the café and retail strategy and sales forward with focus and drive, always bearing in mind to build a profitable business but to have fun along the way and make it a lovely place for both the team and customers.
Very much a full-time role – and must be happy to work weekend shifts as standard as these are our busy times.
Qualifications, experiences and nice-to-haves;
- Minimum 2-years management experience in busy café and coffee environment – ideally in a busy city environment.
- Ideally degree level education OR equivalent relatable experience
- Experience of working a busy restaurant, café and retail environment
- Excellent customer service and people skills – you champion your inner ‘Danny Meyers’ and know that team comes first in order to bring the best hospitality to the customer.
- Great coffee knowledge, barista trained and knowledge of the independent cafe industry.
- Some experiences of professional cooking/food prep an advantage .
- Self-motivated and forward thinking – with a healthy dose of common sense. Energetic and passionate, always going the extra mile.
- Ability to build positive relationships with staff, managers and customers. Proven people management skills.
- Impeccable organizational skills and ability to use excel spread sheets and be computer literate to a reasonable standard (we use online based till and stock systems so you will need to be trained on these to a good operational level).
- Awareness of food intolerances as well as current foodie trends
- Knowledge of a Scandinavian language – by this we mean either knowledge of working in Scandinavia or speaking the language or other ways engaged in all things Scandi with a genuine interest in Scandinavian food.
- English fluent – spoken and written with full permission to work in the UK.
Start time; This role can start from mid February, so get your CV to us as soon as possible. We will hire when we find The One. Please send us a cover letter with your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do stand out in your application – make it count and be inventive – we look forward to hearing from you.
Salary: In line with experience. We are looking for someone to take the café responsibility on fully, so you will be rewarded with a good base salary as well as targets and bonuses.
Questions: Email email@example.com
Marketing Director – Board level / Consultancy
We’re looking for someone to assist us with the headline marketing for ScandiKitchen. This essentially is reviewing what and who we are, help set a strategy for the next years – and then help make a plan to implement.
This is likely to mean initially consultancy work – and then afterwards, monthly board presentations and help follow up with the day to day team as needed.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.