|Head of Operations
ScandiKitchen started in 2007 as a café and shop in Central London. The business has grown in this time to include an EU wide online shop, food wholesaler, supermarket supplier and an own label brand. The Founders are currently focusing on New Business and need someone to take over the day-to-day business management.
With the business expanding, we are looking for an experienced Operations Manager with a logistics background to come head up our Warehouse and Office in Park Royal (NW10). This is a new and exciting role that will report directly into the Founders.
The overall responsibilities of the role are:
To run and manage the entire Warehouse Operation at StockHome NW10:
- Responsible for the daily operations of Warehouse and warehouse team, including production schedules, forecasting, buying, planning and people management
- Responsible for logistics team and forecasting, planning shipments from multiple suppliers across 6 countries
- Budget responsible
- Health & Safety and BRC Responsible
- Managing outgoing logistics to customers across all channels
- Oversee facilities and equipment to ensure fit for purpose
Experience and skills we’re looking for:
- Solid experience of a senior operations role in similar environment. You might be at one of the large food companies, looking to jump ship to a smaller, faster moving environment with more scope to really get involved – or perhaps you are currently in a similar role in a similar set up-company. We’re looking for drive to grow and move up – a determined person with big goals.
- Good logistic and forecasting/buying background, ideally in food
- An entrepreneurial thinker – we are still small, so we need forward thinking people who can do more with less and think creatively and be proactive
- A serious eye for the detail and little things – a finisher, a go getter and star performer
- Very logic person, a problem solver and number person – and with a strategic mindset overall
- A strong people manager & team player who’s not afraid of getting hands dirty when needed
- A lover of all things Excel, numbers and statistics
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of Scandinavia, Scandinavian food and language – not essential, but knowledge is a plus in this role.
- Netsuite or similar ERP system knowledge (SAP etc)
How to apply + the process
Stage 1: Send your CV and cover letter stating why you want to work for ScandiKitchen to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stage 2: Interview with Founder of business and People Director
Stage 3: Interview with Business Board Member and Founders with a challenge.
Job start date: When we find the right person – ideally around April 2018, but this is flexible.
Package: Competitive ££ with chance of meatballs.
(Part time 3 days a week – 6 month contract, with possibility to extend)
We’re a Scandinavian Retail & Wholesalers with a warehouse in North West London (Park Royal). We are looking for that special someone who can give a helping hand to our Warehouse Supervisor in operating the Warehouse.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Ingoing and outgoing – help unload incoming deliveries / build pallets and load outgoing deliveries
- Sort out pallets – put products away (using FIFO)
- Operating our two forklifts – reach (inside) and outside for loading / unloading
- Work closely with Warehouse Supervisor to ensure as much free floorspace as possible to increase efficiency for the whole team
- Daily stock rotation of chilled and ambient goods
- Assist packing Wholesale orders
- Assist with the stocking up
What you look like:
- Some experience of working in a Warehouse environment would be ideal
- Must be able to operate a forklift
- Physically fit & strong – there will be heavy lifting and carrying involved
- Pro-active, you think on your feet – you will just go for it and deliver the doughnuts.
- Logic and problem-solving skills are good. No standing around.
- Flexible attitude and hard worker
- Good English, with legal right to live and work in the UK
- Knowledge of a Scandinavian language would be a plus as all our products are from Scandinavia, but not a must
The job is Monday to Wednesday. We are operating from 7am until 5pm so the shifts will be within those hours.
Hourly pay £8.
Send your CV to email@example.com and we’ll take it from there. The job starts when we find the right one (mid-February earliest)
More about us on www.scandikitchen.co.uk