Our cafe is full of great people: from our customers to the people who work here. We pride ourselves in being not just about the lovely lunch time food, but also about surrounding ourselves with great, committed people.
Our Anna is heading back to Sweden after two years in London, so we’re now looking for her replacement to head up the kitchen team in our café.
The day-to-day role
- Oversee and help with the day to day production of café food (from Open Sandwiches, salads, cakes etc)
- Manage and plan the catering orders and help make, if needed.
- Manage the Kitchen team (3 people) to make sure they are the best they can be in their roles
- All ordering from warehouse and other suppliers
- Cost control, menu control (together with Café Manager and Director)
- Work closely with the Café Manager (her name is Live) to ensure the kitchen is run smoothly and efficiently at all times
- Ensuring the kitchen is a super structured, organised place that works efficiently
- Oversee all Kitchen H&S, including all updating and adhering to procedures including HACCP.
- Assist with menu development
The person we’re looking for has the following skills and qualities:
- Experience of working in a kitchen and experience of working in a cafe/restaurant environment.
- Experience of managing people
- Some understanding of menu planning and costings.
- Knowledge of Scandinavian food and professional kitchen practises.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Has great ideas, passion and can think creatively
- Good common sense and logic skills
- Can think on your feet and work under pressure and stress
- Good spoken and written English
- Permission to live and work in the UK
- Loves ABBA and early mornings
We’d love someone who understands a Nordic language, so this would be a big plus.
The role is mainly daytime hours, five days a week across different changing days (some weekend work required). Salary in line with experience.
To apply, please send your current CV and an email about yourself and why you want to work at Scandi Kitchen to: firstname.lastname@example.org. As soon as we find the right person, we’ll hire, so don’t hang around. The role is full time and permanent.
Only applications with a cover notes will get replies.