Crispbread Pizza With Chicken
We are big fans of using crispbread as a quick and easy pizza base. By using a round of Leksands as your base you can have pizza in 12 minutes - the mild rye flavour complements these toppings really well.
- 1 Leksands big round crispbread
- 100 ml tomato sauce
- 3 slices roast chicken
- 1 small onion chopped - plus butter or oil for frying
- clove of garlic
- Pinch of sugar
- 60 g mozzarella
- Good handful grated cheddar or try it with Vasterbotten
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard and a squeeze of lemon - stirred together
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
Pre-heat oven to 225 degrees celsius.
Finely chop onion and fry in a bit of butter until soft - add a pinch of sugar and the garlic and let caramelise. Season with salt & pepper.
Spread the tomato sauce over the base. Add the onion mixture, sliced fresh tomato, chicken chunks and apple - finish with the cheese.
Bake for approximately 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and slightly golden. Scatter with fresh rocket and serve with the sauce.