ScandiKitchen is the UK’s biggest independent pan-Scandinavian food importer. We have a webshop that delivers to the UK and rest of EU, we have a busy café in central London and we offer wholesale to key accounts across the UK.
We are looking for a part-qualified Management Accountant to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements as well as looking after our HR processes and payroll. This job would suit a part-qualified or recently qualified Management Account (ACCA, CIMA etc) or someone with equivalent solid working experience and knowledge.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintain accurate accounting records for the company
- Manage the accounts payable records, including paying supplier invoices
- Maintain customary internal financial controls
- Data entry
- Monitor office expenses
- Cash flow management
- Mange accounts receivable
- Month-end procedures and reporting, including analysis of business performance
- VAT reporting
- Liaise with our external payroll bureau
- Look after operational HR
- Some office management tasks
Essential Skills and experience
- An accounting or book-keeping qualification and/ or equivalent experience
- Experience of working in accounts payable/ receivable, general ledger or similar role
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong understanding of internet controls and general business workings
- Previous management of people would be helpful as would some office management experience (we’re a small office so it’s all hands on deck at times)
- Really good interpersonal skills and a team worker above all
- An entrepreneurial spirit, logical and creative thinker.
Desirable but not essential skills and experience
- Experience in working with ERP-systems such as NetSuite (which we use) or similar
- Budgeting experience
- Basic HR knowledge and/or experience
- Knowledge of a Nordic language
We are an entrepreneurial business with big expansion plans – and this role has great scope to grow into a senior role within the business for the right person.
Flexible working hours possible. Salary range £27,000-£30,000 plus benefits (FT).
To apply, send CV and cover letter to email@example.com as soon as possible.
If you have any questions about the role feel free to get in touch.
Based: ScandiKitchen Office, Park Royal, London NW10 7QQ