Crispbread Pizza ‘Tricolore’ With Mediterranean Flavours
Autumn in Scandinavia means foraging – for berries, fruits and mushrooms – so seasonal dishes often centre, or include, around these ingredients. Mushrooms are a favourite – especially the more elusive girolles (chantarelles). The following recipe is adapted for supermarket foraging – but feel free to use any mushroom you like.
- 8 round Leksands crispbread
- 100ml tomato sauce
- 1 small onion + butter/oil for frying
- 3-4 anchovy fillets in oil
- 8-12 good quality black olives
- 1 tbsp small capers
- Finely chopped fresh chili (seeds removed)
- 2 handfuls finely chopped parsley, zest from
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 60g mozzarella + handful grated cheddar
- Seasalt and black pepper, rocket to serve.
1. Pre-heat oven to 225 degrees celsius.
2. Finely chop onion and fry in a bit of butter until soft – add pinch of sugar and let caramelise. Season with salt & pepper.
3. Spread the tomato sauce over the base. Add the onion, chopped anchovies, olives, garlic, tomatoes and chili – finish with the mozzarella and grated cheese, season with pepper.
Bake for 10 mins or until the cheese is bubbly and slightly golden. Top with rocket and serve immediately.
Thanks to our friends at Leksands for the recipe – just mildly adapted for a UK kitchen.