Whipped Lingonberry (Vispipuuro)
- In a saucepan, add the lingonberries, water and sugar and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for about 10-15 minutes until the berries are cooked through, then pour through a sieve, preserving the juice. Press through most of the berries to the juice, but discard the skins.
- Pour the liquid back into the pan and add the semolina and vanilla, bring back to the boil and simmer for 5-6 minutes until cooked through and thickened.
- Take the porridge off the boil and leave to cool down. Once just warm, whip the Vispipuuro for about 10 minutes on full speed in a handmixer. After a few minutes, it will change colour from dark purple to pink - and the texture becomes light and almost mousse like. Set side in fridge to chill.
- Serve cold in a bowl with milk, sprinkled sugar and fresh berries on top.
- Also works well for a breakfast treat: Make it healthier by less sugar and more berries.
- Other berries that can easily be used are gooseberries, cranberries, apricots, strawberries, blackberries, blackcurrants and more.