Blueberry, gorgonzola & rye crouton salad
- 120-140 g mixed salad leaves (we prefer ones containing beetroot leaves as these go very well)
- 1180-230 g blueberries
- 150 g gorgonzola cheese
- 2 slices of seeded rye bread
- a small handful of toasted walnuts (optional)
- Arrange the salad directly on four small plates – or on a big serving platter (as preferred).
- Scatter the salad leaves across the plate, then the blueberries.
- Spoon out small lumps of Gorgonzola cheese across the serving plate.
- Add the walnuts either whole or slightly broken up.
- Toast the rye bread, the cut into small croutons (don’t over toast it or it will be hard to eat – the bread should still be slightly chewy). Then tear and scatter the bread onto the plate.
- This salad thrives on strong tastes from the creamy cheese and the berries. It really doesn’t need seasoning or oil – but instead, choose a really good aged thick balsamic vinegar or glaze and sprinkle lightly just before eating.