Västerbotten & Dill Pesto
- 60 g walnuts
- 1 bunch of fresh dill
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ clove of garlic
- 50 g Västerbotten cheese
- 50-100 ml extra virgin olive oil
For the salad
- 500 g new potatoes, cooked with skin left on Cooled slightly.
For the Easy mid week baked salmon
- 4 salmon fillets
For the chicken sandwich
- 1 crusty baguette style roll, ideally seeded
- leftover chicken pieces
- some green leaves
- In a food processor, pulse the dill, parsley, garlic and walnuts. Add ¾ of the cheese and 50ml of the oil and pulse again until you have a finely chopped paste.
- Remove from the food processor and add the rest of the cheese (if needed), more oil until you have a pesto consistency (not too runny, but enough oil so that it can be used as a dressing or topping). Taste and season with salt and pepper.
To use it for a salad:
- In a bowl, add the potatoes and a few tablespoons of pesto. Mix until potatoes are coated. You may need to add more pesto – to taste. serve as part of your Summer Garden BBQ Smörgåsbord.
To use it for the Easy mid week baked salmon
- Place the salmon fillets skin side up in a bake safe tray. Add 1-2 tbsp pesto on top on each fillet and place in a warm oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through (cooking time will vary depending on the size of your fish pieces). During baking, the pesto will change colour a bit and the cheese will form a slight crust.
- Serve with salad or new potatoes.
To use it for best chicken sandwich
- utter your bread and add salad and chicken. Top with a few teaspoons of the dill pesto and add a bit of extra seasoning.