Crispbread Pizza With Chicken
We are big fans of using crispbread as a quick and easy pizza base. By using a round of Leksands as your base you can have pizza in 12 minutes – the mild rye flavour complements these toppings really well.
- 1 round of Leksands crispbread
- 100ml tomato sauce
- 3 slices roast chicken
- 1 small onion, chopped – plus butter or oil for frying
- clove of garlic
- Pinch of sugar
- 60g mozzarella
- Good handful grated cheddar (or try it with Vasterbotten)
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche, 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard and a squeeze of lemon – stirred together
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 225 degrees celsius.
2. Finely chop onion and fry in a bit of butter until soft – add a pinch of sugar and the garlic and let caramelise. Season with salt & pepper.
3. Spread the tomato sauce over the base. Add the onion mixture, sliced fresh tomato, chicken chunks and apple – finish with the cheese.
Bake for approximately 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and slightly golden. Scatter with fresh rocket and serve with the sauce.
Thanks to our friends at Leksands for the recipe – just mildly adapted for a UK kitchen.