Our cafe is full of great people: from our customers to the people who work here. We pride ourselves in being not just about the food, but also about surrounding ourselves with great, committed people.
We’re looking for a Kitchen Manager to head up the production team. On a day to day basis, the kitchen team prepares all the open sandwiches for our café, prepare salads, bakes great cakes and makes all the food for out of house catering.
This role is not necessary a trained chef – this is much more about someone who understands how to run and motivate a small team; who is really good in the kitchen (we’re a cafe – it is not high level stuff) – and someone who is incredibly organised but also take initiative and have loads of energy.
- Managing the production of open sandwiches, salads, rolls and other lunch prep needed daily
- Baking of Scandinavian cakes and pastries
- Heading up the external catering
- Help the team keep the kitchen/store clean to a very high standard
The person we’re looking for has the following skills and qualities:
- Is a great people manager and has experience of managing a team – this is the biggest part of the role. You need to be logic in your approach and understand how to motivate the team and get the best out of them. We can teach you to make open sandwiches, but we need you to hit the ground running with the team.
- Some experience of working in a busy kitchen and/or experience of working in a cafe/restaurant environment.
- Understanding of professional kitchen practices; how a kitchen needs to work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, great with people
- Has great ideas, passion and can think creatively
- Ideally comprehend one Scandinavian language and must be able to speak and write English
- Good common sense and logic skills
- Knowledge or interest in Scandinavian food
- Can think on your feet and work under pressure and stress
- Loves early mornings.
To apply, please send your current CV and a letter about yourself and why you want to work with us. Start date is April 2019 or by arrangement. The role is permanent. Salary in line with experience. There is good progression possibility in this role for the right person.
Only applications with a cover notes will get replies. It doesn’t have to be long, but do write one.