July 23, 2015 | Leave a comment
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool down a bit.
- Combine flour, baking soda, vanilla sugar and salt in a bowl and set side.
- Combine the sugars with the cooled, melted butter and stir until no lumps remain. Combine egg, egg yolk and milk and mix with the sugar and butter until thoroughly combined.
- Add the flour bit by bit until everything is incorporated, then add the Daim pieces (or mint candies and chocolate) and combine. Chill the dough for a few hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 190C (180 fan).
- Line your baking trays with paper and add approx. 40 grams of cookie dough in rough balls, about 5 cm apart. Cook for 8-10 minutes - or until just golden, then remove from the oven immediately and transfer to a cooling rack (the middle should still be slightly soft when you take them out of the oven – they will harden up after a while. The cookies will be best after about half an hour – slightly warm but chewy in the middle.