April 9, 2015 | Leave a comment
1. He’s a pretty good footballer. Last week, he celebrated his 100th goal for PSG.
2. He’s so good that he is a verb in Swedish AND French – to Zlatan.
3. He has his own search engine. Well, do YOU? No? Didn’t think so. More here
4. His name means ‘Golden’ in Bosnian.
5. He tattooed himself all over for World Hunger and made this video.
Even though the tattoos were temporary, the effect was brilliant.
6. He has some pretty memorable quotes:
What Zlatan bought his wife for her birthday:
”Nothing, she already has Zlatan.”
“A World Cup without me isn’t worth watching.”
“We are looking for an apartment (in Paris), if we do not find anything, then we will just buy a hotel.”
On being asked to trial for Arsenal: “No way, Zlatan doesn’t do auditions.”
Reporter – “Is your playing style Swedish or Yugoslavian?”
Zlatan – “It’s Zlatan-style.”
7. The Nice Guy who does the right thing sometimes
Zlatan was also once asked to donate one of his shirts to help his nation’s learning difficulties team compete in the INAS World Championships in Brazil. Fundraising efforts hadn’t gone as well as planned and they needed a signed shirt to fund raise. But Zlatan just said:
‘What the hell are you going with a jersey? What does it cost to go?’ When they said that they needed 350,000 Swedish kronor [£30,000], he asked for the account number and deposited it.”
8. Oh, and because he’s so awesome, even cool dogs want to look like him:
(from ‘Dogs that want to look like Zlatan).