December 23, 2016 |
We have, as we do every year, absolutely LOVED seeing all your houses!
It is always hard to choose winners – especially for the kid’s categories – but choose, we must.
Here are the winners who will all be contacted by us later to get their prizes:
Adult Creative – WINNER SUSANNA JOHNSON who used two kits to make a complete Ice Hockey game between Finland and Sweden (Sweden won).
Adult Beautiful – WINNER . JOANNA HOBBS
We felt the detail on this – complete with the origami bird – was amazing.
Kids 8-15 – WINNER . ANA DAM 11 YEARS OLD
Under 7 and under WINNER – Josephine Romand-Monnier 7 years old.
The winners will be contacted directly – thanks again for taking part!
November 27, 2014 |
It’s that time of year again…. Time to get super creative with the Gingerbread House Kits from Anna’s.
Every year we run a great competition:
Take one basic Gingerbread house kit and pimp it up to the best of your abilities. Think outside the box – be creative, be crazy, be super attentive to detail: Whatever is your strong side, put that into the little house.
When you are done, send us a picture of our house and we will put the best ones up on Instagram and Facebook and the blog during December.
This year, we once again have 4 categories:
Adult – Beautiful: This is the main award. The most beautiful house you can make from a very basic kit of gingerbread house.
Adult – Super Creative. This is the crazy house – like the house eaten by dragons, murder scenes, brothels, discos – whatever you can do to pimp up your house to silly standards with great use of imagination.
Child – up to 7 years old. It’s okay that you Mum and Dad help out, but here we do want to see real kids efforts. We know what seven year olds can do with a ginger bread kit – we want to see kids being allowed to unleash creativity. It’s fine to add Lego men and other toys to the mix or make a gingerbread house for your favourite dolls.
Young person 8-16 – We want to see your imagination run wild here. Make the house your own.
THIS YEAR’S PRIZES:
First prize this year is an amazing T Tab Table Lamp donated by Skadium Design Shop in London (worth £239) – it is an amazing piece of design and will make any desk look super stylish.
We’ve also got a selection of great products from ISAK Design as the second prize for the Create Adult winner. ISAK are the people who make those great mugs we use at ScandiKitchen – see more about them here
Children under 7 prize: Sweeties. And more Sweeties. So many sweeties your Mum will be quite annoyed with us all the way through till January.
Young person 8-16 prize: Sweeties. And more Sweeties. So many sweeties your Mum will be quite annoyed with us all the way through till January, probably.
- All entries MUST be made from a basic Gingerbread House kit. We stock the one from Anna’s, which is the preferred one, but if you use the IKEA version that is also fine (they are similar in shape and size). Basically, the basic shape of the house must be the same so we can see just how creative you can be with a pre-fab kit. Any entries not made from the similar in size and shape to the Ikea and Anna’s kit will not be accepted, sorry.
- When you submit photos, you need to state what category you are entering into.
- Only one entry per person
- If more than one person submits the same entry, the prize will be shared (if you win the lamp, you will have to fight).
- No alternative prize, no cash prizes, no exchanges.
- Entries must be received before 18th December 2014 at noon to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employees of ScandiKitchen ltd not eligible to enter (No, Rebekka, you can’t…)
- Winners will be picked by a jury of lovely people (most likely a selection of our customers – we usually pick 5 judges from Twitter to help us out).
- The judges decisions are final.
- Prizes for pick up from café store
Send your photos to email@example.com before 18th December at noon to enter the competition. We look forward to seeing your creations.
The Kitchen People x