December 19, 2014 | Leave a comment
No Smörgåsbord is complete without the infamous pickled herring – and this herring dressing is as traditional as they come.
- Recipe Serves 4
- 1 x 220g jar of plain pickled ABBA herring (or equivalent weight of a good plain ready pickled herring)
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 11⁄2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 11⁄2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 11⁄2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Slotts Skånsk mustard (or grain mustard)
- 1⁄2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 tbsp single cream
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Drain the herring, discard onion bits and brine.
- In a bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients together. Whisk until the mixture is creamy and combined, then season to taste.
- Add the drained herring and marinate for a few hours.
- Enjoy with rye or crisp bread.
[button type=”default” size=”large” link=”http://www.scandikitchen.co.uk/shop/”]Shop our full range of Scandi food here [/button]