Crispbread Pizza With Salmon & Dill
Hej hej, another quick and easy crispbread pizza recipe. This time flavoured with two Scandi staples – salmon and dill. Dillicious. By using a round of Leksands as your base you can have pizza in 12 minutes – and the mild rye flavour works really well with the salmon. An added bonus is, of course, that it is actually good for you! Win win win. Win.
You will need:
- 1 round of Leksands crispbread OR 8 pieces Leksands triangle crispbread
- 100ml tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped – plus butter or oil for frying
- 75g hot smoked salmon
- 60g mozzarella
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp browned butter
- fresh dill
- Freshly grated horseradish (from a jar will work in a pinch)
- Good handful grated cheddar (or try it with Vasterbotten)
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 225 degrees celsius.
2. Finely chop onion and fry in a bit of butter until soft – add a pinch of sugar and the garlic and let caramelise. Season with salt & pepper.
3. Spread the tomato sauce over the base. Add the onion and the salmon in smaller chunks – finish with the mozzarella and grated cheese. Season with pepper.
Bake for approximately 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and slightly golden. Top with lemon zest, grated horseradish and a drizzle of browned butter, if liked.
Thanks to our friends at Leksands for the recipe – just mildly adapted for a UK kitchen.