May 22, 2018 | Leave a comment
Smash & Kvikklunsj Brownies
- 200 g good-quality 70% dark chocolate (OR a mixture of milk and dark – if you prefer a less bitter end result)
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 275 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 80 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50 g good-quality cocoa powder we use Fazer Cacao
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar or extract
- 2 bags of 100g Smash 200g in total, slightly smashed (ha! We mean crushed).
- Ready made toffee sauce or chocolate sauce for decorating
- 3 bars of Kvikklunsj cut into pieces
- A good large handful of mini marshmallows
- 50 g pecan or walnuts – optional
Pre-heat your oven to 170C and line a brownie tin (20cm x 20cm is good, but similar size can also be used – note baking times vary by oven).
Melt the butter and the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water – or in the microwave. Set aside to cool a little.
Whisk the egg and sugar, then slowly add the melted chocolate mixture.
Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and vanilla sugar – and fold into the chocolate mixture. If using vanilla extract, add at end.
Add 1/3 of the fillings to the mixture, then pour into the prepared tin. Add the rest of the filling on top (except the toffee sauce – and hold back a few marshmallows/chocolate too for decorating before serving).
Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the side comes out clean – the middle can still be gooey but it should not wobble when you shake the pan. Leave to cool, then drizzle toffee sauce and the extra topping, cut into squares to serve.
Remember Bronte’s mantra: Ovens are not created equal and baking times always vary. Check your bakes.