Swedish Meatballs With a Chance of Lingon
We love meatballs. Who doesn’t? A meatball a day keeps the doctor away, and so on.
Aside from the usual preparation, meatballs with creamy mash, cream sauce and sharp lingonberries (we have a lovely recipe for a meatball dinner here), we like eating them as a sandwich.
Here’s our simple Meatball Sandwich;
- Start by cutting your meatballs into smaller chunks and fry them on medium heat in a little butter to make the edges go golden crisp, until they are warmed through. They’re already cooked so no need to cook them for very long.
- Then grab a plate and place 1 round polarbrod on it; we like it toasted but it doesn’t have to be. Spread a little salted butter on. Add a green leaf if you want. Spinach or rocket is good, or just plain lettuce. It adds a bit of freshness and crunch.
- Spread the beetroot salad on top your bread, approximately two tablespoons.
Variation; Swap pickled red cabbage for the beetroot.
- Finish by adding your warm meatballs, some chopped chives and perhaps lingonberry jam, although we tend to think the sweetness from the beetroot salad is enough in this instance.
- Add a good sprinkling of salt and pepper to finish.
Sit down. Grab a knife and a fork and enjoy. ‘Mums filibaba’, as a Swede would say! (it means Yummy!).
Fancy making this? We have a bundle for you:
Swedish Meatball Sandwich
Per i Viken Farmors Köttbullar – Meatballs 8-Pack
Felix Lingon – Wild Lingonberry Jam 283g
Like this post? Share it on Facebook to spread the meatball-love – button below.