Every one of the people who've worked with us have had great qualities in common - mainly that they're all great with people and have their own stories to tell. So when we're looking for someone to join the team, we're definitely after those qualities.
Contrary to what you may think, you don't have to be Scandinavian to work at ScandiKitchen. What we do want is for you to know about Scandinavian food and to be able to chat in one of the Nordic languages, as well as being fluent in English. It doesn't matter if you come from Scandinavia or not.
Kitchen Assistant (Full Time)
(Scandinavian Kitchen seeks Kitchen person)
We’re Scandinavian Kitchen and we’re a café and grocery store. Our shop in Great Titchfield Street (W1W 7PP) is a hub for ex pats and Scandophiles alike, serving great lunches and stocking over 800 Scandinavian food products.
Our cafe is full of great people: from our customers to the people who work here. We pride ourselves in being not just about the food, but also about surrounding ourselves with great, committed people.
We’re looking for a kitchen person to join the team. On a day to day basis, the kitchen team prepares all the open sandwiches for our café, prepare salads, bakes great cakes and makes all the food for out of house catering.
• Making open sandwiches, salads, rolls and other lunch prep needed daily
• Baking of Scandinavian cakes and pastries
• Help out with catering orders when needed, both in and out of house
• Keeping the kitchen/store clean to a very high standard
The person we’re looking for has the following skills and qualities:
• Experience of working in a kitchen is essential – and experience of working in a cafe/restaurant environment is a huge bonus. (we can teach you the finer details, but want to see evidence of previous work within a professional kitchen).
• Knowledge of Scandinavian food and understanding of professional kitchen practises.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Has good comprehension of least one Scandinavian language and is fluent in
• English (read/write)
• Good common sense and logic skills
• Can think on your feet and work under pressure and stress
• Loves ABBA and early mornings
Please note that this role requires weekend work most weekends because we’re open 7 days a week - and it is a job for a morning person as some shifts start at 6 am. If you are not committed to weekend work or early mornings, this job is not for you.
To apply, please send your current CV and a letter about yourself and why you want to work at Scandi Kitchen to email@example.com. Deadline is for application is 1 March 2014 and start date is soon after. The role is on-going, minimum six months commitment.
Only applications with a cover letter will get replies.
We serve open sandwiches, salads and other amazing things based on the Nordic staple cuisines: grains, fish, cured meats.Read more