Every one of the people who've worked with us have had great qualities in common - mainly that they're all great with people and have their own stories to tell. So when we're looking for someone to join the team, we're definitely after those qualities.
Contrary to what you may think, you don't have to be Scandinavian to work at ScandiKitchen. What we do want is for you to know about Scandinavian food and to be able to chat in one of the Nordic languages, as well as being fluent in English. It doesn't matter if you come from Scandinavia or not.
Catering Chef (knowledge of Danish, Swedish, Norwegian cooking)
ScandiKitchen is a Nordic Café, Grocery Store and Online shop in London. We serve an array of lovely open sandwiches, salads and cakes for lunch and help the Scandie foodies get hold of authentic ingredients from all over Scandinavia. We are based in Central London (the café) and Park Royal (warehouse).
We provide catering in form of open sandwiches, canapés or light buffets. Our catering clients vary from Embassies to fashion shows, private functions, weddings, product launches - and we’ve even catered for Royals on occasions.
The catering requests are growing and we’re looking for a Chef to come and take charge of catering and help grow it further. Initially, this means working with the business owners to refine the catering offering (production angle, costing and presentation). It will be up to you to execute the orders that come in day to day, from food preparation and making the food to service element and ensuring our clients have an amazing experience from start to finish.
While the day-to-day role is about producing great food, the other element is to ensure continuous bookings for the weeks ahead. In short, your own sales efforts help determine the level of business for the following weeks.
The person we’re looking for:
- Is an experienced and competent cook/chef. Sound knowledge of how a professional kitchen environment works, from H&S to food preparation.
- Has some experience of working in the catering industry.
- Good knowledge of Scandinavian food (‘Smørrebrød’ knowledge an advantage).
- Extremely good attention to detail.
- Works fast and consistently and thrives under pressure.
- Works in a very process-driven way, clean and tidy to a very high standard.
- Really good service and customer skills. Can relate to clients and translate their needs into a successful event – whether an event at Mrs Andersen’s house or working with any of the Nordic Embassies.
- Forward thinking, sales orientated.
- Helpful and kind, a great team player.
- Go-get attitude and super initiative and ability to make decisions on your own in stressful situations.
Initially, the job is most likely part time – but there is absolutely scope to go full time quickly. Some weeks will be seasonally quieter and some will be so busy we will have to turn down work, which is why flexibility is essential. We are happy to train you in other parts of the business so that you can supplement hours during quieter times. This is a great role providing an opportunity to shine both with the quality of food you produce as well as driving a real section of the business forward.
The role starts when we find the right person. Pay is based on experience (base salary as well as a bonus structure based on bookings).
Does this sound like something that is up your street? Are you the person we are looking for? Send your CV and a little cover note telling us why you might be perfect for the role to email@example.com.
Looking for Thor-on-Wheels (28-30hrs week)
Scandinavian Kitchen is a Nordic food business with a warehouse and office based in Park Royal (NW10) and a café based in the city.
We’re looking to fill an immediate vacancy for a part-time driver and packer for the warehouse (approx. 28-30 hrs week, maybe more)
The overview of the role:
- Taking deliveries and dealing with collections
- Picking and packing web orders
- Prepare routing and manage deliveries in and around London (so knowledge of London's streets is a plus).
- Looking after our van, lighter maintenance, cleaning and general upkeep.
- General warehouse duties
- Ensuring all paperwork pertaining to incoming/outgoing goods in completed and in order.
- Assisting with physical loading of goods at packing and loading end.
- Adhering to company policy and procedures relating to Health and Safety and security and accident prevention at all times
The ideal candidate will be over 25 years of age (for insurance reasons only) and have a proven track record of at least 1 year in a driving capacity ideally in a warehouse environment, preferably experience in a multi drop role.
We're also looking for someone who has got what it takes to be a valuable member of our team including:
- Good communication skills - speaking, reading and writing English is a must, and knowledge of a Scandinavian language a plus but not essential
- Excellent time keeping and good attendance record
- Being a team player who can work as part of a large team or on their own
- Having a Current Counterbalance Fork Lift licence desirable, but not essential
- Preferably a clean driving licence (maximum 3 penalty points)
- Working to get the job done and good at working under pressure.
- Good people skills - any customer service experience is a plus.
You will be based in our Park Royal warehouse. The role involves some evening work, but mainly business hours Monday - Thursday. Fridays are usually off. Scope to work more hours during busy times (This does happen, and frequently to people who prove themselves keen as mustard and good at what they do).
Pay depends on experience.
Only applications with a cover letter will get replies. We're not asking for a massive essay, simply just want to know why you think that working here would suit you. Send everything to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you.
We serve open sandwiches, salads and other amazing things based on the Nordic staple cuisines: grains, fish, cured meats.Read more