Crispbread Pizza – White Winter Pizza
A super easy, quick and tasty take on pizza. By using a round of Leksands as your base you can have pizza in 12 minutes – and the mild rye flavour goes really well with the white sauce and salty bacon.
- 1 round of Leksands crispbread
- 100ml creme fraiche
- 3 rashers of streaky bacon in small pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Pinch of sugar
- 30g fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 60g mozzarella
- Good handful grated gruyere (or try it with Vasterbotten)
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 225 degrees celsius.
2. Finely chop onion and fry in a bit of butter until soft – add a pinch of sugar and the garlic and let caramelise. Season with salt & pepper.
3. Spread the creme fraiche over the base and add the onion mixture, chopped spinach and bacon – finish with the cheese.
Bake for approximately 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and slightly golden.
Thanks to our friends at Leksands for the recipe – just mildly adapted for a UK kitchen.