What do we look for at ScandiKitchen?
Passion and drive.
We’ll love you forever if you can demonstrate excellent logic, a talent for problem solving and generally be a lovely person. We can’t promise to get you to the next step on your career ladder, but we can certainly help you in that direction.
Here’s what our team members past and present have said about working for us:
- Working at ScandiKitchen is better than pytt-i-panna. And I really, really love pytt-i-panna.
- I came to Scandi Kitchen as a stop gap after Uni. I thought I was just getting a Barista job but because I was interested, I got to get involved in the business side of things. I learnt about anything from costings to strategy – and I ended up managing a small team and having proper responsibility before my year was up. It was, for me, a really good year of business experience.
- I love working at ScandiKitchen for many reasons – but mostly because I am doted on by many attractive Scandinavians who make me food and coffee. And give hugs. I love hugs.
- There’s nothing better than spending a day with your Scandi family.
- I love working with my best friends.
- I thought I was taking a part-time job, but came out having learned how to run a whole side of the business. Respect.
- I can be myself 100%, every day.
- It’s always sunny in here.
- This is the first job I’ve had in my life that doesn’t make me go “aaaargh” when the alarm clock rings…
What to include in your application:
Your CV, in English. An application cover letter. This letter should include what job you are applying for, why you think that job is perfect for you and why you feel ScandiKitchen is a good fit for you.
Our hiring procedure in general:
We always have at least two interviews (first and second round)
We usually conduct a trial shift (for which you will be paid)
Please note if you simply ping over a CV with no cover note, we don’t like it. Make us feel special and we’ll endeavour to do the same back to you.
FAQ’s About Working at Scandinavian Kitchen
Do I have be Scandinavian to work with you?
No. We have people from all over. Being able to speak a Scandi language is helpful, but not essential.
Is it true you ship people to Finland if they don’t behave?
Absolutely not. Finland is a nice place. If you don’t behave, we ship you to Høng.
When I’m working at your place, will I have access to free meatballs?
Possibly, yes. Quite possibly most days.
Do you have an age limit on people working at your place?
Only in certain areas (such as kitchen, serving alcohol etc) where you have to be over 18.
Is it true I will have to listen to ABBA all day?
No, this is not true. We also like Ace of Base and Basshunter.
Will I get training?
Yes – both on the job and with other experts. If you work with coffee, you will get excellent Barista training both on and off site. You may also get H&S training, Food safety training – and we have also got a learning programme for those who wish to study alongside work.
How long do I commit for when I work with you?
It takes time to find really nice people. Once we do, we’d like them to stay. If you’re applying for a full time job, we’d expect you to stick around for minimum of six months or more.
Do you take on work experience students?
On rare occasions, yes – but we do it on a case by case basis and we only take in over 16 year olds.
Do you have internships?
Yes, from time to time. Ask us. We are a fast growing company and we don’t always have all opportunities up on the website. And yes, we do pay for internships because it is the right thing to do.
What do you pay people?
We pay depending on experience, effort and enthusiasm. Show us what you’re made of.
ScandiKitchen Café London
Sorry – no vacancies right now. We expect to be hiring again in September.
StockHome Warehouse (London)
ScandiKitchen on Miami Beach
Just kidding. We don’t have an office there yet, but if you know someone with a lot of dosh who wants to change that, send our investment team an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current vacancies: Click here