10 Culinary Delights From Our Scandi Childhoods
Sometimes, when we were little, this is all we wanted to eat. (Still is, sometimes). Recognise any of these, for yourself or your children? Let us know in the comments.
- Meatballs with macaroni and ketchup (your token vegetable).
- Mince fried and served with macaroni. And ketchup.
- Lompe with nugatti (Norwegian Nutella)
- Cheese toastie made in the waffle iron with lots of piffikrydd and some ketchup. Yum.
- Just meatballs, for the picky ones.
- Falukorv with mash. Sliced, fired sausage mixed into the mash. Served with, you guessed it, ketchup.
- Hot dogs. Sausages in lompe or hot dog buns –your staple childhood birthday party dish.
- Brown cheese. Just brown cheese, somtimes rolled into little balls. Mmmmm.
- Fiskeboller fish dumplings with potatoes and a sprinkling of mild curry powder. All mashed together to a gloopy, yellow, mess. Boiled carrots or broccoli carefully shoved to the side of the plate.
- Rye bread with chocolate, slightly toasted so the chocolate melts. YUM.
Remember these or have anything to add? Let us know and we’ll update the list.
We know what we’re having for dinner today!